John Bercow has just announced the result of the elections for the three Deputy Speakers.
The successful candidates were:
- Lindsay Hoyle – Chairman of Ways and Means
- Nigel Evans – 1st Deputy Chairman of Ways and Means
- Dawn Primarolo – 2nd Deputy Chairman of ways and Means
Needless to say, having backed both Lindsay and Nigel, I am delighted to see them both elected.
> Paul Waugh has the full results on his blog, but the first preferences were:
- Nigel Evans (Con) – 124
- Lindsay Hoyle (Lab) – 90
- Dawn Primarolo (Lab) – 76
- Geoffrey Clifton-Brown (Con) – 57
- Roger Gale (Con) – 48
- Tom Clarke (Lab) – 47
- George Howarth (Lab) – 40
- Anne McIntosh (Con) – 24
- Marsha Singh (Lab) – 9